Epigrain Canadian Black Wild Rice, 1Kg (2.2lbs) | Extra Large Grains, All Natural, Antioxidant Rich
Wild Rice is not really a rice; it is a seed from an aquatic grass indigenous to North America. Once harvested, the green seed is cured and then roasted to bring out its rich nutty flavour. Nutty with a slightly green bitterness and when cooked, the grains burst out exposing a soft white and tender interior. Excellent in pilafs or stuffing; with corn, chilies and roasted peppers; tossed with Smoked Trout and Asparagus. An interesting addition to Blini batter to serve with smoked salmon or caviar. Our wild rice is sourced in Canada. One 1Kg bag offers approximately 22 servings.
Dedicated to supplying only the best quality wholesale ingredients, our passion for healthful grains and legumes is evident in the wholesome flavour and texture of all of our products. Our commitment to quality is unsurpassed in the industry, and whether searching for traditional grains or creating a unique blend all our own, the Epigrain line has it all. With decades of experience sourcing only the finest grains, you can be 100% assured that every Epigrain ingredient is the highest quality. With a wide selection of nutritious ingredients, creating beautifully presented dishes is more convenient than ever.
- PREMIUM QUALITY – Epigrain is dedicated to supplying only the best quality ingredients, and their passion for healthful grains and legumes is evident in the wholesome flavour and texture of all of their products. This black wild rice only has 1 ingredient: black wild rice. You can be sure that nothing else has been added and that you have the purest, highest quality product possible.
- A TRUE SUPERFOOD – Unlike white rice, wild rice is very high in fiber, protein and antioxidants. It’s also high in potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, zinc and folate. Being low in calories relative to other rice and grains, wild rice is as healthy an alternative as they come.
- HIGH VERSATILITY – Wild rice is extremely versatile and can be utilized in many recipes. Apart from being a healthy substitute for white rice, it’s excellent in pilafs and makes for great stuffing along with corn, chillies and/or roasted peppers.
- ALTERNATIVE DIET COMPATIBILITY – Our wild rice is organic and 100% vegan and vegetarian friendly, and its high level of nutrients make it all the more suited to contribute to a perfectly balanced diet of that sort.
- MADE IN CANADA – Our wild rice is proudly produced in Canada, where we can know all the ingredients used in our product and ensure that the highest possible standards of production are met.